Drug name: Phezam
- Piracetam and Cinnarizine
Therapeutic effects of Phezam: Phezam is a very effective antihypoxic drug which owes its properties to a combined preparation made of Cinnarizine and Piracetam. Both these compounds combine to mutually increase their respective cerebrovascular resistance reducing property and antihypoxic effect. Phezam's main function is to increase the blood flow in the brain. This combined medicine has a toxicity level that does not exceed that of the single ingredient.
Indications: Phezam tablets are used to deal with the following conditions:
- Emotional liability
- Concentration and attention disturbances
- Psychogenic disorders connected with memory
- Vascular dementia
- Chronic hypertonia with encephalopathy
- Cerebral infarct
- Meniere's syndrome
- Prevention of kinesia
- Vomiting and nausea, involuntary eye movement, ringing in the ears, dizziness, and vertigo
- Various inflammatory and infectious diseases
- Brain injury
- Acute and chronic cerebrovascular diseases
Precautions and Restrictions: Do not use this medicine if the below mentioned conditions applies to you:
- If you are allergic to the active or inactive ingredients of Phezam
- If you are suffering from kidney failure
- If you have liver or kidney disorder then use this medicine with caution
- This medicine may show false positive results in the doping control tests for sportsmen
- Phezam may compromise the radioactive iodine determination tests
Women who are pregnant or lactating should talk to their doctor to know the risk/benefit factor before using Phezam.
Side effects of Phezam: Users of Phezam tablets may experience adverse effects that are wholly unexpected. These side effects are only a distant possibility and there is no prior proven records of such effects due to use of Phezam tablets or it has not been proven that everyone using this drug will show the bellow mentioned effects.
This is a safe medicine but in rare cases users may become increasingly sensitive to this medicine and start experiencing various skin reactions and may also become photo sensitive. Apart from this, users may also experience adverse reactions that are specific to the two active ingredients of this medicine.
These are just some of the side effects and these are by no means an exhaustive list of adverse effects caused due to use of Phezam. For more information kindly consult your physician, pharmacist, or read the full details presented by the manufacturer.
Interactions: Before using Phezam tablets it is best to consult your physician and explain to him the treatment or medicines you are using and also get a prescription from your doctor before starting any new drug. This is to make sure that the combination of the two drugs is safe.
Phezam may increase the sedative effect of the alcohol, tricyclic antidepressants, and central nervous system depressants. The therapeutic effect of Phezam is enhanced when it is used with vasodilators and reduced with antihypotensive medicines.
Additional Information: Drugs and medical equipments should not be used without prior approval of a trained physician and don't share these drugs with anybody else. Phezam tablets are made for specific conditions and it's not advisable to use them for other purposes. Keep medicinal drugs out of the reach of children.