Drug name: Heptral
Therapeutic effect of Heptral: Heptral is part of a group of medicines known as hepatoprotectors. Heptral with hepatoprotector properties possesses an ability to prevent liver damage. It also exhibits antidepressive effect. Some of the medicinal qualities in Heptral are regenerative property, anti-fibrosis and neuro-protective property, anti-oxidative property and it also exerts bile expelling action. This drug also induces a production of ademetionine in the body. Ademetionine is crucial in the transmethylation reaction and it also increases the level of turin and cysteine in the plasma and glutamine in the liver. This compound also regulates liver metabolism.
Indications: Heptral is used in the treatment of:
- Inflammations in the gall bladder (Non-calculous chronic cholecystitis)
- Infection of the bile duct (Cholangitis)
- Intrahepatic cholestasis (Cholestasis is the blockage of the flow of bile from the liver)
- Damage to the liver caused by medicines, virus, alcohol, toxic chemical etc.
- Hepatic steatosis
- Inflammations in the liver which lasts for longer than six months (Chronic hepatitis)
- Scarring of liver and poor liver function (Liver cirrhosis)
- Hepatic encephalopathy
- Abstinence syndrome
Precautions and Restrictions: Avoid using Heptral if the following conditions apply to you:
- hypersensitivity to ademiteonine
- breast feeding mother
- if the user is below the age of 18
Warning! Do not use this drug before sleep.
- Users who are suffering from liver cirrhosis must be regularly monitored and their blood nitrogen levels must be controlled.
- People who are using this drug for a long time should be regularly monitored to keep their urea and kreatine blood levels in check.
Side effects: Heptral users may experience some adverse reactions that are wholly or partly unintended. These side effects are only a distant possibility and there are no prior proven records of such effects being caused by Heptral.
This drug is usually well tolerated but it can still cause certain side effects like allergic reactions, pyrosis, upset stomach and pain in the abdomen.
These are just some of the side effects and this is by no means an exhaustive list of adverse effects that can be caused by Heptral. For more information please consult your physician, pharmacist or see the full details presented with Heptral.
Interactions: Heptral may react with other medicines or substances you are currently using, so before using this medicine it's best to check with your physician or pharmacist or any medical expert or go through the detailed information regarding Heptral provided by the manufacturer. Do not use this medicine with Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) and other anti-depressants.
Additional Information: DO NOT SHARE Heptral with others. DO NOT USE THIS MEDICINE for other health conditions. KEEP THIS PRODUCT, as well as syringes and needles, if needed during treatmentHeptral should not be used without prior approval of a trained physician and don't share drugs with anybody else. Medicines like Heptral are made for specific conditions and it's not advisable to use them for other purposes. Keep medicinal drugs out of reach of children.